We thought we knew what to expect when we moved here, having lived in the area before, but choosing to live in the District right near a Metro stop has made all the difference. Our neighborhood is vibrant and quaint, and we have the chance to soak it in because we walk everywhere. Claire loves to ride the buses and trains (Sylvie not so much), and we do a lot of that, too. J has a lovely schedule--leaving early and getting home well before dinner--so I feel like I’m living the life of ease. We do miss our friends in Jerusalem, but it has been nice to reconnect with some old friends from Alexandria, and we are slowly meeting new people. We already feel like this year is going by too fast.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you are back this year and it is fun visiting you in DC!
ReplyDeleteWe are sure glad to have you back close by!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Lisa! It's been ages since you were here and I'm glad you came back, even though we moved to MD in the mean time. Thanks for the blog link!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, and I especially love the one taken of the Tidal Basin with the cherry blossoms. Karin
ReplyDelete